03 February 2020
NERC has appointed six new members to its Science Committee to replace those who completed their term at the end of 2019.
The Science Committee is NERC Council’s main source of advice on scientific matters. It is responsible, among other things, for developing NERC’s integrated science strategy and for advising on the balance of the science portfolio and advising on the strategic priority of funding new programmes and initiatives.
The new appointments, who will start from January 2020, are:
- Dr Adrian Baker – Fellow of the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)
- Dr Anna Jones – Science Leader of the British Antarctic Survey’s (BAS) Atmosphere, Ice, and Climate Team
- Professor Christine Maggs – Chief Scientist of the UK’s Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC)
- Professor David Viner – Global Head of Climate Science at Mott MacDonald
- Professor Simon Vosper – Executive Director of Meteorological Science at the Met Office
- Dr Doug Wilson – Director of Research, Analysis and Evaluation and Chief Scientist at the Environment Agency
More information on NERC’s Science Committee membership can be found here.
NERC Senior Governance manager
07542 228859 | 01793 411799