- The Sierra range from Barr & Stroud feature rugged construction combined with brilliant optics. They are waterproof to a depth 1.5m of water for three minutes, a number of time to retrieve them if you have dropped them in a stream or puddle. This requires a high degree of mechanical quality in the construction of the binocular which is evident as soon as you pick the binocular up or use the super smooth focus keep an eye on wheel. We don’t expect that you’re going to make a habit of dropping the binoculars into deep water but we do expect that you’re going to wish to use them in any weather the planet can throw at you, so you’ll feel assured that the Barr & Stroud ‘Sierra’ can take it, over and over. This ability is further enhanced by the binoculars’ rubber armoured body which protects it from shocks and knocks.
- The binoculars are filled with nitrogen gas which keeps water out and also stops the optics suffering from internal fogging in adverse weather conditions, this binocular is in point of fact weatherproof.
- Fully Multi Coated optics are standard features of the Barr & Stroud ‘Sierra’ range as are BaK-4 phase coated prisms. This degree of sophistication ensures that as much light as imaginable is transmitted through the optics which results in a super bright contrast rich images of high colour fidelity for the user even in low light conditions where less expensive optics and coatings result in a dramatic loss of performance.
- For the comfort of the user the binoculars are supplied with metal twist up eyecups that are rubber coated which make them equally practical for people to use with or without spectacles. The rapid focus mechanism takes the user from close focus to infinity in less than one turn of the point of interest keep an eye on knob, which ensures that you’ll follow the action then again fast it is happening.
- The Sierra 10×50 are supplied with carrying case, rain guards, tethered lens caps, straps and lens cleaning cloth